Friday, September 18, 2009

To tell the truth

I've started to write this one before, but have erased, turned off my computer and said "I guess I'm not ready to write that yet."

However, a Friday night cocktail of cranberry and vodka have sort of loosened up my mind and fingers for the keyboard.

I was speaking with a friend last night and I told him that when I started this blog, it was originally to just put my own thoughts on computer for my own personal diary. I mean, I'm really late getting into this blogging game. Now everyone twitters and tweets. And I'm just coming into the virtues of a personal blog for posterity. I told him that I was in this quandary of wanting to write about much going on in my life, for me, but that I now hesitated "putting it all out there" for the world to see as now I know a few friends that read this.

Because I have always been an intensely private person, it is difficult for me to think that others will be reading my true personal adventures in life. I've always been very good at masking any challenges I may be facing and putting a positive spin on everything. Hell, it's easy to read about the fun, funny and great stuff we're all doing, but that is not necessarily what draws me to write from my soul. But really, if this is for me, I am only fooling myself in the long run. So, there are a few people who may go "you're kidding" when they read it. But I have gained some wisdom in my climbing years. Enough to know that everyone has those corners that they would choose not to share for fear of judgement. And by God, I've been judged by the best. So what fear should I have now?

So here I am. Debating on how "naked" to be!

Why don't I just unbutton a few buttons on this one?

If you read my last blog "Cleaning out my closets. Cleaning out my life," you'll see that I am getting a roommate. Let's put that in the "was" category for now. You see, this particular "friend" decided to bail on me. This is after I had already re-worked the budget, cleaned out an entire closet, moved all of my clothes into one closet (OMG, the work that took), got boxes and stored what I could in the attic, took other things to relatives to store, painted the closet and re-did the floors.

Was I angry? You bet! Am I over it? Almost. I have learned a few great thing as I grow in wisdom.

There is NO point stewing over things you have absolutely no control of and having any control over people is not an option. To continue to let it fester and be angry only continues to hurt ME, not him. So goodbye.

So I begin again the "journey" of seeking someone else. Yesterday, I went on Craigslist and I won't even try to explain what I found. I'm certain there are some very honorable people there, but the thought of bringing someone into my house that I don't know is, well, frightening!

After sifting through tons of people looking for a roommate, I found one that seemed as if it could be a viable option. She said she traveled a lot, was only home 5 to 7 days out of the month, had a cat and really just needed some place to store her stuff. Bingo! Someone hardly ever here works for both me and my needy and sensitive cats that don't like to share!

I emailed her. She emailed me back. She sounded reasonable until I got to the part where she really just wanted a room to store her stuff and would keep the cat locked in the room with plenty of food and water while she was gone a week at a time. WHAT? You can't be serious?? No, your cat is not an object to be stored in a room. I told her that I really could not leave her cat locked in a bedroom. That I would want to integrate the cat into my household somehow and while she was gone, she could consider me her "pet sitter." Never heard back from her. All I can say is "poor cat, if I could find you I would rescue you."

So this is one new challenge. Want more? Well I don't, but I am dealing anyway!

Because my profession in the meetings industry has tanked in a significant way, I have been reaching out to other opportunities to keep me going until, well until...

One was in May. I spent a month grading FCAT papers. It wasn't that bad, but if I didn't think the school system was f-uped before, I really know it is now.

So after a few weeks of pondering the options, I am now gainfully employed as an independent
contractor in the "at home, in-bound call center business." Whooo hooo! A friend of mine told me about it and I thought, what the heck! I can do this from my home, work in my pajamas,
make any funny faces I want at callers and take a pee while answering their questions. I have a few regular hours that I need to be on calls, but other than that, I decide whatever hours I want to work. I can still travel for work if I want and come in and out pretty much as I please. Plus, I get to be home with my cats, not fight traffic and don't have to figure out what to wear every day. Which used to be significant part of my time every morning.

Mind you, there are consequences to all of this freedom. It does not pay well. But I am not one that can sit around and do nothing. I have to be busy and I strongly prefer to be busy making money if I am not out having fun somewhere else!

So just call me "Operator 99."

More? I have a million of them. But the vodka has started to make me type a little slower and I am not one known for a huge amount of patience.

So here's to another step in a rare blog. Medium rare. Not quiet tar-tar yet.


I promised a friend of mine when I started this blog that it would be funny. So far, I have not lived up to my promise! But Jersey Girl, just keep reading. I'll find something, somewhere soon!

I'm just passing by...

1 comment:

  1. Thoutht! I think you underestimate how funny you write. Again! I laughed out loud...does that mean I just get you? or am I "DARK" too?

    ReplyDelete

Followers